Guidance on Applications
In order for an application to be processed the following conditions must be met:
- Both a copy of the personal details and the record of sea service are present.
- All the details are clearly legible. (Name, personal number, all dates)
- Photograph of the candidate on the personal page is clear.
- The seaman's identification number on the personal details page clearly corresponds to that on the sea service record pages.
- If the personal number is not printed on every page of the Discharge Book, the copies must be notarised.
- There is clear evidence of the candidate having sailed within the capacity of both a rating (minimum total 6 months) and an officer (promoted after 1.1.2012).
If you submit copies of two different Discharge Books, remember to include copies of the personal pages for BOTH Discharge Books.
To apply, send the completed application form with appropriate evidence by post to Rhianna Simpson (London office).
Here is a summary of all funds that are available to IMEC members.